|BSc (Hons) Scheme in Computing|
Scholarships and Awards
Many departmental scholarships and awards are available to recognize students’ academic and non-acadmic achievements. Here are examples of offerings which are subject to change every year:
- Alan Turing Entrance Scholarship for Undergraduate Computing Students
- Alan Turing Entrance Scholarship for Part-Time Undergraduate Computing Students
- Edsger Dijkstra Subject Scholarship for Data Structure and Algorithms
- Donald Knuth Subject Scholarship for Principles of Programming
- Grace Hopper Scholarship for Hall Residents
- John von Neumann Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Performance
- E.F. Codd Scholarship for Outstanding Students
- Seymour Cray Outstanding Placement Award
- Charles Babbage Final Year Project Award
They are available through departmental nomination or self-referral. The Head of Department will shortlist the candidates by consultation with other staff members. Selection interview may be held if necessary. Students should pay attention to the announcements by the department.
For further information about scholarships and awards offered by PolyU, please visit Student Affairs Office (SAO)'s website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/sao.
Departmental/faculty exchange opportunities in the following institutions, which are subject to change every year, are available for students:
- Kingston University (UK)
- Catholic University of America (US)
- Jonkoping University (Sweden)
- McGill University (Canada)
- National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (Taiwan)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- University of Stavanger (Norway)
They are open for application from students. The Head of Department will shortlist the candidates by consultation with other staff members. Selection interview may be held if necessary. Students should pay attention to the announcements by the department.
For further information about institutional exchange opportunities offered by PolyU, please visit International Affairs Office (IAO)'s website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/iao/.