|BSc (Hons) Scheme in Computing|
WHAT is Industrial Placement?
Known also as "Intern" or "Co-opt", industrial placement provides students with the opportunity to work as paid employees with companies or in positions in the same industry as part of their studies. For details, please visit the website of Industrial Placement Program (COMP4000).
WHY should you join us for Industrial Placement?
Our Department has the most established industrial placement programme in Hong Kong, with a history of more than 20 years. Every year, around 80% of our year-three undergraduate students choose to go on to industrial placement for 48 weeks to work full time in a local/overseas company or a government department.
HOW can you benefit?
- Gain working experience;
- Apply knowledge acquired to solve real-life problems;
- Improve interpersonal and communication skills;
- Build strong networks with local and overseas companies; and
- Enhance employability after graduation... etc
WHAT do our students say after the placement?
- 95% says they have acquired non-technical skills in terms of communication, teamwork and time management.
- 80% says it is a valuable opportunity to acquire new and important technical skills. The experience gained would help them decide their career directions in the future.
- 92% would recommend the programme to others.
For Companies that wish to join our Placement Programme:
Please fill in the Reply Form for the Year-round Placement Programme or the Summer Placement Programme and return it to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax 2774 0842.
WHO are our Placement Partner Companies?
- ABB Schweiz AG, Switzerland
- Adtio Group Ltd
- Agenda (H.K.) Ltd
- AsiaPac Net Media Ltd
- ASTA Systems Ltd
- Audit Commission HKSARG
- AZEUS Systems Ltd
- BEA Systems (HK) Ltd
- Birkart Globistics Ltd
- BNP Paribas
- BT Exact Technologies Chimera , UK
- Copenhagen Airport A/S, Denmark
- CLP Holding Ltd
- CyberApex Technology Limited
- Daka Development Ltd
- Data Cog Corporation Ltd
- DBS Bank ( Hong Kong ) Ltd
- Delta Innovative Software Ltd
- Edvance Limited
- EPRO Technology Ltd
- FLSmidth Automation A/S, Denmark
- Gold Peak Industries
- Hang Fung Jewellery Co Ltd
- Hewlett-Packard HK SAR Ltd
- HK Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd
- Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (Mgt) Ltd
- Hong Kong Electric Co Ltd
- Hong Kong Housing Authority
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- HK Science & Technology Parks Corp.
- Hospital Authority
- INFOISLIVE Corporation Ltd
- Infoware Systems Ltd
- Intelligence Plus Ltd
- Jardine Matheson
- JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Keyoung Business Services Ltd
- Keyoung Information Ltd
- Kowloon Canton Railway Corp/li>
- La Salle Primary School
- Landmark Asia Realty
- Learning Media Co. Ltd
- Lifewood Technology Ltd
- LinkPower Technology Co. Ltd
- Marine Department
- M-Gen Mobile Technology Ltd
- Microsoft Business Solutions, Denmark
- Mofinity Ltd
- MTR Corporation Ltd
- NEC Computer International, France
- Office of Telecommunications Authority
- Office of The Government Chief Information Officer
- Philips Electronics (HK) Ltd
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Prudential Assurance Co Ltd
- Reasonable Software House
- Scott Wilson Ltd
- Securities and Futures Commission
- Solomon Systech Ltd
- Source Technology Ltd
- Student Financial Assistance Agency
- Suga Electronics Ltd
- Sun Hung Kai Real Estate Agency Ltd
- Sun Wah Pearl Linux Ltd
- SUNDAY o/b Mandarin Comm. Ltd
- Swire Resources Ltd
- The Bank of East Asia Ltd
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
- Transaction Technologies Ltd
- Thomson Reuters
- Uniforce System Ltd
- Version 2 Ltd
- VITOVA Ltd
- WE Software Ltd
- WE3 Technology Company Ltd
- WiderWorld Co Ltd
- Yips Chemical Holdings Ltd