Our Department's highly reliable, state-of-the-art biometrics product series use different human attributes to recognise and confirm identity. They can be used for access control at multiple locations in the same company or building, providing the flexibility of location-specific permission lists.
The palmprint machine, one of our flagship products, has already obtained seven patents in China, Hong Kong and the United States. The device has bagged top prizes at competitions both at home and abroad. They include:
- Silver Medal at the 34th International Exhibition of Inventions,
- Special Gold Award at the 14th National Invention Exhibition of China, 2003,
- Hong Kong Industry Award Certificate of Merit, and
- Silver Medal at the 2002 International Invention Fair.
The face recognition system, which we co-developed with the Chinese Academy of Sciences, can detect and identify up to eight faces in one second. Besides the face of a real person, this powerful system can even process photo images and video images and send alert message when necessary. It is the only biometric product that features enhanced accuracy in identification of oriental faces. It also comes with the ability to process images under different light conditions, making it an ideal system for both outdoor and indoor use.
This system can turn a mobile phone or PDA into a portable biometrics device, allowing patrolling security guard to carry out recognition and dispatch alert message anywhere, anytime. Users can also retrieve the database at multiple sites through the Internet or mobile devices.
Other Modules of COMP Biometrics Product Series:
- Iris recognition
- Signature recognition device
Benefits of Using Biometrics Products from COMP:
- Outstanding performance
- Easy to install, maintain and operate
- Support simultaneous usage of data at multiple sites
- Fast, accurate and simultaneous detection and identification
- Affordable security solution for organisations of different sizes
Who should I approach for further details?
Check out the website of PolyU's Research Office, or
Contact Ms. Katie Cheung, Departmental Research Committee Secretary
Telephone: (852) 2766-7303
Facsimile: (852) 2774-0842